Monday, February 07, 2005

I haven't given up completely

After my last post, Gloria was worried that I would not have any new posts for the site. There is no need to worry. I still plan to post commentary on the ads on Craigslist. I have also made one final edit to my ad and re-posted it. Maybe there's some poor schmuck out there who hasn't answered previously. I'm not sure if my eyes can take anymore of those hideous pictures though.

I just realized that I probably sound like a complete snob. Rest assured. I am. In younger days, I was constantly told, "You should be a model." Actually, I still hear that now but I explain to people that I am well above model age (with no portfolio) these days. Yes, I am superficial. I have dated ok looking guys before but never the ugly guys who have answered my ad. If I was a mean person, I would post the pictures to which I have been subjected. I just keep wondering who told these guys that they are attractive. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My aunt married a guy who I think looked like a mole (yes, the animal). Then again, he did have money.

Oooo ... I just received my first response -- from a guy who previously said that it was my job to impress him. (See Being More Specific)

Oh well. Life goes on ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

At least you never got that scary ass pic that I got - you know the one I'm talking about, where the guy is in Elizabethan costume.

It's okay, be uber-picky like me. There is no point in settling, because then you're left wholly unsatisfied. If you cringe when you're looking at his picture, you'll do more than cringe in real life, and that'd hurt the poor guy's inflated ego so. So really, you're doing them a favour - or perhaps not, letting them run amuck in the world believing that they're THE man.

07 February, 2005 08:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home