Friday, February 04, 2005

Why I hate dating

So I went out with the high school boy tonight. (No, he is not in high school currently. We went to the same high school but didn't really know each other back then.) I was fashionably late -- 10 minutes. When I arrived at the restaurant, he was at the table having a beer.

We ate, we talked, and then we had to leave because he needed to go to work early in the morning. It was enjoyable. There were no awkward pauses in the conversation. Oh, and yes, Gloria, he is cute. The date lasted about two hours.

Then came the part of the date that I always hate -- the goodbye. Perhaps someone else can help me on what is appropriate. We said goodbye, shuffled around for a few awkward moments, and then shook hands. We then continued to talk for a few more minutes. I thought I detected a lean on his part but I'm really not sure. Finally we parted ways, and now I sit here typing.

I'm not aure where things stand from here. I will send off my "standard" thank you email in the morning. (I like to use it in those questionable situations. I think of it as a way of saying, "I think you're interesting and would like to see you again," without actually saying the words.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Yay! It sounds like it went well! The goodbye is always awkward. I'm glad this is working out for you. Art dealer boy cancelled on me for tonight, which is probably for the best because 1) I'm still weirded out by his random use of multiple spaces between words and 2) I am so tired I am in no mood to make nice to a random stranger. He wants to meet up some other time. Bleh.

04 February, 2005 08:11  
Blogger Dagny said...

Thank you for the support. I have sent off my thank you email. Now I'll just sit here with my fingers crossed. It's a shame I don't have to work today because now I'll have to find other ways to keep myself occupied besides watching for email all day.

04 February, 2005 10:54  
Blogger Dagny said...

Thanx for the advice, BridalBeer. In this case though I just need to call a few friends. Even though I found the date online, we found out through emails that we know a lot of the same people.

04 February, 2005 22:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home