Thursday, May 05, 2005

Professor's daughters - 33

If you are pressed for time, you only need to read the first sentence and the first part of the second sentence.
Professors' daughters tend to really like me; and I them. I am a professor, bookish, like trips to the symphony or a museum, but also enjoy the outdoors (biking, fishing, etc.) and the very occasional football game. Aside from reading, I really care more about who I spend time with than what we do. I am very intense and driven about my work but very easy-going, even boyish, otherwise.

Here are some ideal dates, if one or two of these resonate with you, we might hit it off:
* Read a book or essay during the week, talk about it over the weekend. (Or reading a play and then seeing it performed.)
* Go on a roadtrip, almost anywhere, really. The journey is normally more fun than the destination.
* Dinner/cocktail party with interesting people.
* Take a Red Cross first-aid course together.
* Lounging around watching CSPAN BookTV on the weekend.

Really, though, the key to the date is you.

And, of course, you do not have to be a professor's daughter.

Me: Fit, 5'9", decent looking, never married, educated at MIT and Stanford.
I'm not even going to go into how wrong that is. It's like some sort of weird twisted daddy complex. It gives me the shivers.

Additionally, taking a first-aid course with someone else is not my idea of a good date. Nor is reading a book AND THEN DISCUSSING IT. What are we, back in school? And CSPAN BookTV? No wonder this guy is placing an ad on CL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I see you have found the winner for "freak of the week." Congratulations.

I must now bathe; I feel so dirty.

06 May, 2005 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home