Sunday, April 24, 2005

Wear your Pajamas 2 A FOUR STAR - 40

There are those days when I never feel like getting out of my pajamas..
Ok, I am bright, athletic, professional, PhD, Earthy Crunchy for a scientist, whitty...and off beat. I am fit, 6-1, 210, brown hair (hey, on the spur of the moment I got a buzz cut yesterday, so who knows if it matters).

I like doing things that interrupt everyday reality....it makes for a fun date.

Here is my latest interest:

1. We have never met
2. We are going to dinner
3. We are going to a nice expensive restaurant in town.
4. We are going to meet "there." So, how will we know each other....

WELL.....We are probably going to be the only two people in restaurant who have shown up for dinner IN THEIR PAJAMAS, BATHROBE AND SLIPPERS (sorry no "bed head" or curlers please).

Since we are having dinner in the heart of the city, we will be picked up afterward, by that nice coach driver with the white horse....and we will trot over to Newbury Street.

So, here is the question for you: What should we either throw to or shout at the people on the side walk...as we trot by? I was thinking maybe we could throw Mardi Gras Bead Strands or something like that

Caveat: If you are one of the Pic4Pic Pixies...it's past your bedtime...Just assume I look like Shrek or something. I used to look more like Nick Nolte...but imagine him with a buzz cut? HORROR!...Well, it's day 2, so I am starting to think I look alright and I have stopped wearing the baseball hat in the house and on the street. :-)

I am poetic. Are you?
I'm sorry, he looks like this, but with a buzzcut? Or he looks like this? I mean, I don't know what's worse. And yes, while I do love wearing my PJs everywhere - there are limits - in other words, not outside of your house. Although once I did wear my nightgown with a long coat over it because I was supposed to pick up my friend at the airport and I figured that I wasn't going to get out of my car - but of course, I ended up having to park and wait for her, so if you were at Logan about a month back really early in the morning and saw some nutcase walking around in just a coat and flipflops even though it was only 50 degrees or so - well, that was me.

It would also be funny if he got kicked out of a restaurant for doing this. At one of the restaurants my friend and I went to in New Orleans, they required all guys to wear sports jackets. It was so much fun to watch the startchy maitre d' just look at the tourists with polite disdain. And yes, if guys wanted to dine there, they had to don a sports jacket if they weren't wearing one, no matter what else they were wearing.

But I digress. This guy is so bizarre, I have nothing more to say about him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noneya said...

I go to the gas station in my boxers on occassion... haha. Does that count?

Come on... it's a gas station...

25 April, 2005 00:01  
Blogger Dagny said...

There are times that I have thought of wearing my pajama pants while taking out the trash but then I remember that I am going outside my apartment and think that this is not the best of ideas. (Even now in my highly inebrietated state .. don't ask how long it took me to type this.)

25 April, 2005 07:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home