Monday, April 18, 2005

Travis Bickle seeking Jodie Foster - 32

I thought that I would keep the movie theme of recent weeks going. I also felt this was especially appropriate as the San Francisco International Film Festival kicks off this week.

...well, not really. But if you got this far, you know about cinema and have a twisted sense of humour. That scores five points.

MOI

I value three things in myself and my companions: a sense of history, a sense of tragedy, and a sense of irony. That tempered with an agile wit. I like a good joke, especially a dirty one.

Vocationally speaking, I work in the film industry with very off-Hollywood, independent material. Before that, I toiled on the Farm for an elusive PhD in literature.

Besides film, I have a wide variety of interests that are de rigeur for a thirtysomething San Franciscan but rather boring to enumerate (music, literature, crack cocaine, etc.).

I won't be so vulgar as to disclose my stats but I am slim, fit, dark-haired, bespectacled, and women have referred to me as "unbearably cute". I can dig up a photo if you insist.

TOI

I don't dig "types" or endless bullet point lists of qualifications. However, it would be nice if you were cute, between 25-40, and a patroness of the arts.

If that sounds like you, don't hesitate to drop a line. If you can send me your photo (or at least a titillating description), I would be most grateful.

By the way, I would like to meet my online friends in person sooner or later but I hold no expectations beyond stimulating conversation (nor should you).
Oh ... and I was frightened the minute I read "Travis Bickle."

1 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

"unbearably cute"

That means he is about as rotund as the pillsbury dough boy, or looks like he's 12, or some combination of the both.

19 April, 2005 09:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home