Thursday, May 19, 2005

Exceedingly preppy ladies prepare yourselves... - 26

I have to say, I really do like preppy (within reason). One of my favourite window displays was a J.Crew one a couple of years back - the tops of the mannequins were dressed appropriate, with shirt and tie, but the bottom half - only the boxers were there, the pants having been dropped to the ground. When passing by, my friend yelled out, "all the preppy guys I know do that!" It was funny. Anything, that non-sequiter aside..
Good afternoon, young women of the sweater-set. The Daft Preppy Gentlemen's Association of Woods Hole, in association with Living Like a Lord Industries, is now accepting candidates for introduction to our good time Memorial Day dust-up.

Traditionally, we have partaken in Herreshoff dingy races, wiffle ball on the lawn, taking of wine out-of-doors, and other leisure pursuits. Of course, waterview accomodations at a spacious old yankee ship captain's home will be provided.

Please, serious inquiries only. It would be excellent to see how you look in lilly pulitzer, cable knit, or nantucket red, so do feel free to send a picture. Mid-to-late nineties ISL pedigree preferred, but not necessary. Also, NESCAC more than Ivy, volvo more than saab, and more G & T than Cape Codder. Cheers and have a fine day.
Gosh, I've lived on the East coast too long, I actually understand everything in the ad (aside from ISL? Island single living? Icily salty laziness?) and find it appealing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Oooo ... send in my application please. I look fabulous in Lilly.

19 May, 2005 23:56  
Blogger Feanor said...

Awesome. People like me! :-)
- F

21 May, 2005 01:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is G & T? how come i don't know this? i've been a new englander all my life!

07 June, 2005 12:52  
Blogger Gloria said...

A gin and tonic, of course!

08 June, 2005 11:26  
Blogger Dagny said...

OK. I have just picked myself up off the floor after fainting. I cannot believe that there are people who do not know what a G&T is. Next thing will be someone saying that they don't know the difference between a martini, a dry martini, and an extra dry martini.

13 June, 2005 01:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't ISL = the sticker on ppl's cars that means nantucket island? the same way MV = martha's vineyard? i haven't lived on the east coast in a while but i think that's it.... love the NESCAC reference though!!!!

02 September, 2006 06:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home