Saturday, March 19, 2005

Probably the last bald boy post

Gloria thought that I had disappeared over the last couple of weeks because of the bald boy. The truth is that I moved recently and had to wait to get an internet connection. Well now that I have a connection once again, it is time to tell the truth about the ongoing saga of the bald boy.

Things turned kind of strange last week. Up until that point, he called me on a daily basis. Then suddenly ... nothing. Perhaps he was busy at work. Perhaps his court-ordered anger management classes and Caltrans work crew duty were getting to be a bit much. I called and left a message. Then a couple of days later, I called and left another message. He called me back after the second message full of apologies. He said that he had been especially busy at work.

More days pass and I didn't hear from him so I tried to call again. This time I didn't leave a message. He has called ID so he knows I called. On Wednesday evening my phone rang -- well, actually it vibrated -- as I was settling in to here Spike Jonez speak on the Berkeley campus. I figured he would leave a message and I would listen to it later. The message was more apologies. Apparently he has not felt like being around other people recently. OK, I can understand being in a mood, but TWO WEEKS? I tried to call back but of course got his voicemail. I told him that if he decided that he wanted to talk to people again, he should give me a call then. Needless to say, I am not sitting around holding my breath for that day. Loser!

I'm not sure if I'm willing to subject myself to yet another CL date. It doesn't mean that I will stop reading the ads because, let's face it, they are just so damn entertaining. CL does have its positive points though. I would not have my job or my new apartment if it was not for CL.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Bleh. Men suck. They also have pathetic excuses. You're better off without him and his bald head :)

20 March, 2005 19:28  
Blogger Dagny said...

I figure that I have a fabulous new apartment. I don't need him anymore.

20 March, 2005 22:08  
Blogger Gloria said...

I totally agree. New apartments are better than men with baggage - and bald boy had a lot of that.

21 March, 2005 10:42  
Blogger Dagny said...

That was more than baggage, hon. That was the whole friggin' luggage store.

21 March, 2005 10:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home