Wednesday, March 09, 2005

DO YOU Want To Have A Baby?? - 32

I think I read in the NYTimes awhile back about guys posting on craigslist because they just want to impregnate females. Here's one of them:

This is probably a little different from the other ads in here, and only intended for a select one or two. I've seen ads asking for this sort of thing in the past, so I know you're out there.

I have, and never have had, no interest in marriage or raising a family but, how can say this modestly...I have rather good genes to pass on. You won't know my name and or any contact information.

This list of traits will read a little differently than a personal ad, since I'm not soliciting a date but rather just listing the characteristics you'll want to know.

32
6'2"
caucasian
IQ tested at 136
straight
handsome..really.
accomplished musician
thick and abundant hair
both parents are in their early 60s and in excellent health, as am I
Social drinker only, and not prone to alcoholism.
Despite the 'matter of fact' tone of this listing, am pretty personable, jovial and kind.

Please, only respond if you meet ALL of the following requirements:

At least 30 years old
Have abundant financial resources to provide for yourself and child.
In good health
Emotionally/mentally stable. I won't be taking your word for it, but will make my own judgements.

Again, this is only for a select career woman who hears the clock ticking and is 100% prepared to do this, not a young girl looking for stability, purpose or a welfare check.

Tell me a little about yourself, at least enough for me to know you're the type of successful, loving but childless woman I mentioned above. A picture would be nice, but not required at this point. Your pic will get mine, however.

So, first of all, this guy needs to know that he's not that special. No, many many guys want to just make babies, they don't want to take care of them. I suppose that I have to give them some sort of credit for at least being honest. It's interesting that he's so interested in the welfare of his offspring, but he has no interest in raising it. I almost feel like he shouldn't get a say. And how does he know he has good genes to pass on? Has he had his genome read (or whatever they do nowadays). If not, how doesn't he know that he isn't a carrier for any number of diseases that would lie dormant in him and perhaps his parents. Perhaps he has a great great grandmother who had... okay, I don't remember my genetics anymore, but there's shit about recessive genes and stuff like that if you're really interested and reading more about it, just do a google search.

I guess I just don't get it. Does this guy want to walk around knowing that he's fathered a kid out there, yet not want to know the kid? That's just sad, and besides, he might have already, he doesn't know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's bizarre. A sperm donor who wants to meet (inspect!) the mother but not the kid? And he's doing this for free, I assume? because he didn't mention money. But the mother has to be able to provide for herself and kid. hmm... If he's not planning on paying child support, he's going to have to sign something waiving all parental rights... there has to be more to this story. It makes no sense.

09 March, 2005 19:29  
Blogger Dagny said...

So obviously the guy seriously wants to get laid, but the impregnating thing just seems strange. Does he think it makes him more of a man to have a bunch a kids running around that he has fathered but for whom he doesn't take responsibility?

10 March, 2005 00:55  
Blogger Lux said...

I wonder if he's even going to wait around to see if the kid is born healthy.

Er, considering anyone is crazy enough to take him up on this.

10 March, 2005 02:34  
Blogger Gloria said...

The thing is, I don't think he wants to get laid - he said no contact information - unless he wants to meet anonymously at a hotel or something. Whatever it is, it's damn weird. I think either one of you should email him to find out the real deal.

10 March, 2005 15:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home