Thursday, February 17, 2005

Young Cambridge Professor Would Like to Meet You! - 33

I would love - LOVE - to find out which professor is stupid enough to do such a thing. Seeing that he says he's at MIT, well, then I don't have him (not to mention that there are like 2 male profs (I'm exaggerating, but you get the point) at the ed school).
Hey you. I've posted this before, but was disappointed with the two line responses that I received. So, if you're reading this post, I hope that you will write back.

ME: I'm in my early 30s, fit, overeducated and probably overpaid, and am told that I'm good-looking, funny, easy-going...but I'm single. It's because I spend way too much time in the office with fuddy-duddy colleagues and other dorks (it's that whole tenure-track racket that I'm caught up in). While I love what I work on and am thought of as being very good at it, I'd much rather be hanging out with my friends or goofing off with you. So give me a chance to show you how nerdy professors can also be fun, hip, cocky, naughty, goofy, and on occasion, even romantic!

YOU: 21-35, smart, in-shape, hard-working, and are passionate about your life, your job, your close friends, and family. You appreciate excellent grammar, fabulous restaurants, dingy dives, July 4th, San Francisco, snowboarding, amateur theater, tacky Broadway shows, SATC, the Sopranos, Blue States, and the Red ones too. You despise mind-fuck games. You are proud of what you do. You are humble. I don't really care how many degrees you have or which Ivy took your money, as long as you are not a half-baked leftie or a self-righteous proselytizer. Ideally, you're a bit like me in that you're a closet Type-B who's successfully infiltrated the pathetic world of Type-As. Of course, none of this is a requirement-- I am equally attracted to cute Type-As with exquisite Princeton credentials...;)

US: Send me an email, say something meaningful about yourself and I'll write back. It took me more than 30 seconds to bang out this post, so if I get two flip lines from you, I'll delete it. If you flame me, I'll delete you. If you send me a picture, I'll send you one too. If we click, we can meet up for a drink later this week. If you are in the Administration at MIT and believe that my post "is behavior unbecoming of a faculty member" then you should see what the tools at Harvard are getting away with.

Oh yes, if you're one of my students, undergrad or doctoral, and respond to this post, I **will** find a way to fail your sorry-ass. How sad would you be then?
I think that if I found out he was one of my professors, I'd make sure that it got into the school newspaper somehow. What right has he to fail my butt for answering an anonymous personals ad? He's so full of himself. I might have to write just for fun.

OHMYGOD. I wonder if it is who I think it is. I know a guy at MIT who was definitely a PhD student, and is now perhaps a postdoc - or even a professor. He's probably in his early 30s, and we've gone clubbing several times. I wonder if it's him. He totally fits this profile. That would be great. Dagny, I'm going to need your help on this one, totally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

OK, Gloria. I'll admit it. I've been a slacker and haven't written yet. I'll try to tonight ... once I have found the perfect pic to attach. hehe

21 February, 2005 20:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home