Saturday, February 12, 2005

The saga continues

OK. I know I swore off going on dates. I have the prerogative to change my mind. Yes, that's right. I went on yet another date.

Gloria had already checked out this guy's photo and said that I shouldn't bother with him. (He is one of the men with no hair.) Then he sent an email suggesting drinks or coffee. The offer then changed to dinner, and sushi no less. I caved. I can never seem to pass up free food, especially if it's something I really like.

So he wasn't as cute as I would have hoped but he is a really nice guy. He also likes to spend money. No, I'm not some sort of gold digger but I have had more than enough experience with cheap men. It was actually all so pleasant that I agreed to go out again. When? Who knows, but I'll be sure to share when I do go out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Oh good, I'm glad that it went well, even if he didn't have hair. And sushi. Yum. I sort of want some, but it's only 8:30 in the morning.

12 February, 2005 08:38  
Blogger Dagny said...

Sushi is always a good thing.

I forgot to tell the point when really proved he was a nice guy. We were walking around after dinner, before going for drinks. I needed to find something in my purse and needed to sit down. It had been raining earlier so the benches were wet. He decided that since he was wearing jeans, he would sit on the bench to dry it off for me.

12 February, 2005 10:52  
Blogger Gloria said...

Aww! That's really sweet! I can forgive the fact that he has no hair if he's that well-mannered.

Too bad there was no puddle for you to cross - you could've seen if he'd have taken off his jacket and thrown it across the puddle so that you could cross. Then again, I'd probably think a guy who did that was slightly off.

12 February, 2005 11:41  
Blogger Dagny said...

We must have some sort of psychic connection. I instantly thought of the puddle scenario too. I also agree about the well-mannered thing. That's about the point when I decided that I could forgive the buzzcut. Besides, I can always get him to change that. hehe

12 February, 2005 20:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home