Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Harvard grad student seeks harvard undergrad - 23

Although I am not a Harvard undergrad (thank God! Do you know what sorts of issues those people have? Think about it - you have 1500-1600 18-yos who were each at the top of their high-school class, and then you stick them together - how can massive therapy-inducing issues not happen? It's such a stunner when each realises that s/he is not the smartest one anymore.) I thought this post was interesting, because this poor guy obviously has this gigantic inferiority complex from NOT having gone to Harvard undergrad.
Tired of all these effete, witty, well-dressed boys on their way to good jobs that have overrun your campus?
INFERIORITY COMPLEX HINT #1. No, not tired of these guys, because they will make money and you are in grad school, which let me tell you will rarely earn you the big bucks. Also, what is wrong with witty and well-dressed? Incidentally, only a very small percentage of the Harvard population is well-dressed. The rest look like they shop at the Coop. Harvard is a dork school for a very good reason.
Why not date an honest to goodness nerd?
INFERIORITY COMPLEX HINT #2. That description is so tempting.
Now that I'm in grad school I'm finally living my ultimate fantasy of collecting a paycheck to go to class.
Does this count as an inferiority complex? Hmm. When I was little, my ultimate fantasy was to have all of the My Little Pony ponies. Now, my ultimate fantasy is to collect a paycheck to go shopping and waste time.
When I used to get pushed around for liking school, no one bothered to tell me I could get straight up PAID for it.
INFERIORITY COMPLEX HINT #3. You can get paid for sleeping with people too. Not that I know this first-hand. It was just a thought.
I've got that nerd look: tall, skinny, high cheekbones, likes to wear button down shirts unbuttoned to reveal that quintessential wardrobe staple, the white t-shirt.
I thought all nerds had pocket protectors and dorky glasses and suspenders. This just sounds like a scrawny boy who can't dress. I also think this might be another inferiority complex demonstration, okay, it is, in light of the fact that he referred to the well-dressed Harvard male undergrads. INFERIORITY COMPLEX HINT #4.
I've got those nerd tastes: I enjoy wit and satire as much as the next fellow, but I also appreciate downright absurdity in the Nee!/ATHF variety. Music preference is almost to the point of nerd cliche: Zeppelin, Autechre, and Sibelius.
I did not know "nerds" had a certain type of music they listened to. You learn something new every day. And I don't know what this "Nee!/ATHF" absurdity is, and I thought that I was the Mistress of the Absurd.
I went to a nerd school: You Harvard undergraduate women are all suspiciously attractive (it's almost like the admissions office is vetting you on something besides your high-powered academics). Why couldn't some of you have gone to my alma mater?
INFERIORITY COMPLEX HINT #5. He's obviously only seeing like 5% of the Harvard population, the ones that got in because they're legacies and/or on sports teams. The rest of them are NOT lookers. And if Harvard isn't a nerd school, what is? I bet he went to MIT or some other school that focuses on engineering. Lemme tell you, my alma mater was a much prettier school. Why do you think they required that you send in a photo with your application? Rumour also had it that they made you handwrite your personal statement so that they could perform handwriting analayses on it/you. Who knows if that's true or not.
My type of girl is anyone who is still reading this. If you've made it this far, you should at least write to get the free pictures. One of them features Oklahoma.
I am glad he's not picky about what kind of girl he wants. I really really hope that "Oklahoma" is not a euphemism for his penis.

Incidentally, he used the word "nerd" FIVE times. He's a touch sensitive about being a "nerd", isn't he. Being a Harvard grad student is also not all that interesting. You can throw a handful of coins in Harvard Square, and odds are that at least half of them will hit a current or former Harvard grad student. But obviously this winner thinks that being a nerd is going to be that "special thing" that wins girls over. "Special" indeed. I wonder if he's still a virgin.

2 Comments:

Blogger e$ said...

I believe that "Nee!" is a reference to "the kinghts who say 'nee!'"

see: Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

but i could be wrong!!

and i SWEAR i knew what ATHF or whatever was, but i think i blocked it out.

18 January, 2005 17:03  
Blogger e$ said...

I believe that "Nee!" is a reference to "the kinghts who say 'nee!'"

see: Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

but i could be wrong!!

and i SWEAR i knew what ATHF or whatever was, but i think i blocked it out.

18 January, 2005 17:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home