Wednesday, July 21, 2004

And so it begins..

We get bored at work. Very very bored. With all this free time on our hands, what to do? (No, working is not an option.) There are only so many shopping websites and restaurant reviews a girl can peruse before wanting to buy out all of Los Angeles and spend whatever is leftover on a number of good restaurants.

Well. Seeing that we're both single and very eligible ladies, obviously thoughts turned to finding a guy. However, meeting guys at work, at least for me, is nigh upon impossible. Every place I've ever worked has been primarily composed of females. I don't know why, it's my dumb (bad) luck. And it's not like you really want to date guys out of the office anyway. And you can't go trolling for guys during lunch... so.. well, that left online personals.

Oh! But not in a serious way! Pleeeeease. I'm rather old-fashioned, I like to be set up through friends. Actually, come to think of it, most of my relationships in the past happened that way. The ones that didn't were one-night stands. Hmm. Perhaps a bit coincidental. But there is no reason that I can't have a little fun - as I've had in the past - with online personals. And this time, I can even do it guilt-free! (Even though I had absolutely no intention of going out with any other guy at the time, it still felt vaguely unfaithful to be placing personal ads - even in jest - while I was dating fuckwit.)

However, if something happens to pan out... riiiiiight.

And so we turn to our old friend, Craigslist. Most other dating sites require that you post pictures and you have to pay to email people. That's just silly. But not lovely CL! No, it is a bastion of anonymity.

So perhaps, we might've started placing personal ads on Craigslist. Semi-serious ones, so that guys couldn't tell that we were pulling their legs off the bat. And we might have gotten responses. Funny responses? Potential responses?! Ridiculous responses? Illiterate responses?

Oh yes, we received all that and more.

Thus the formation of this blog, because how could we keep all this amusement to ourselves?

Let the games begin, I say. All bets are off. It's open season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home